you're reading...
Uncategorized

What The Hell Is Icing?

There’s fighting, line changes, French Canadians and beer. How is it that I haven’t followed hockey before? Probably because I can’t speak a like of Russian and I don’t have the faintest idea what icing is. Because the NBA is dead to me this year, I’ve decided to follow the remaining NHL season. The problem is that I don’t have a team. Be a mensch and help me select my new squad.

Advertisements

About Ben Raskin

Born in El Cajon, raised in Las Vegas, educated in Reno and living in Salt Lake City. I bartend, write, box and live in Sugarhouse UT.

Discussion

6 thoughts on “What The Hell Is Icing?

1. Don’t forget about the Utah Grizzlies. They are actually a pretty good team, plus you can go to their games.

Posted by Darci | December 3, 2011, 1:45 am
  2. I’m assuming it’s only because Comcast doesn’t provide coverage that Wales’ “Cardiff Devils” were omitted as an option.

Posted by Gwyn Fisher | December 3, 2011, 2:02 am
  3. Icing is when a defending player hits the puck so it crosses both blue lines without coming in contact with another player, I think the rule is in place to keep play aggressive, Honestly though I am partially a fan of hockey due to the simple face that it is one of the only sports which literally jails a player for penalties, also when a fight breaks out they let them go at it till the involved parties have thrown so many blind punches that they can barely stay on their skates. Call me barbaric if you want but i think that is kinda cool.

Posted by Phill | December 3, 2011, 11:07 am
  4. Hock is perfect for you, it is like big burly figure skaters who are missing teeth and like it rough…

Posted by Johnny | December 3, 2011, 9:36 pm
  5. I think Icing is when one frat douche surreptitiously hands another frat douche a bottle of Bud Light Ice. And said frat douche must chug it.

Posted by Molly | December 3, 2011, 11:00 pm
  6. Catch a few grizz games and you’ll be a fan, I say go for the Caps, you’ll be chanting OVI OVI OVI in no time.

Posted by Nick | December 7, 2011, 3:05 pm